About Generations Church
Our Vision is to be an extension of the First Century Church –Acts 2:42-47
42 They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. 43 Everyone was filled with awe at the many wonders and signs performed by the apostles. 44 All the believers were together and had everything in common. 45 They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need. 46 Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, 47 praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.
Our mission is to fulfill the Great Commission: –Matthew 28:18-20
18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
Being. Building. Branching.
- Being rooted deeply in God’s word.
- Building a strong core through relationships.
- Branching into our community & serving.
- God Centered. We are here to glorify Him, not ourselves. This is a commitment to spread a passion for His glory while equally doing all ministry with a marked level of personal humility (2 Timothy 2:25, 26).
- Relationship Driven. We are sociable and outgoing gatherers who need community and are not afraid to develop new friendships.
- Authentic. We strive to be truthful, honest, humble, passionate people who can express their testimony in easy to understand everyday words and manner. We will not live a life without accountability and will seek to relate to every man and woman that we meet.
- Charismatic. We will commit ourselves to developing the gifts of our community for the kingdom of God. Discipleship is a key ingredient to our success and will be the focus of ministry in all we do.
- Everyone a Minister. We are committed to help all find their place of ministry in our church. Ministry is key for the Christian in his or her growth in Christ.
- Sending. We wish to always empower our brothers and sisters as ministers in their homes, work, neighborhood, and social life. We also will devote our time to prayer asking God to protect our leadership and raise up new leadership to be sent into the harvest as well.
“Cultivating a passion for God’s glory in the heart of every generation.”
Proverbs 29:18 | Habakkuk 2:1-3 | Matthew 22:35-40